In Colorado, we’ve got the mountains, tourist , the fine arts museums, hiking, biking, ski/snow boarding, camping and countless other ways to spend your leisure time. But cleaning your wood floors shouldn’t be one of those activities. With MiracleClean Carpet Care, our professional, extensive cleaning process will not only remove dirt and increase shine; it will also extend the life of your wood floors.
• Just like carpet, over time, the wood floors in your home can accumulate dirt and dust that’s both visible and invisible to the eye. When you invest in MiracleClean’s professional, deep cleaning wood care services, not only will this dirt and oil be removed; you’ll also be extending the life of your wood floors for the long-term.
• MiracleClean’sWood Floor Care goes beyond simple surface cleaning using a 5-step cleaning process. Our technicians will remove debris, scrub with a solution, hand clean, scrub again and apply a top coat that’s either a gloss or satin finish, depending on your preference.
• MiracleClean’s cleaning equipment takes the household mop to a whole new level. Using a cylindrical motion, our state-of-the-art cleaning tools will lift tough dirt and oil that’s on top and below the surface of your wood floors.
• For areas that are difficult for professional tools to reach, our technicians will employ hand-cleaning, using a microfiber cloth. Hand-scrubbing is a crucial part of the process that ensures your floors get the most thorough treatment possible.
• Once the top coat is applied, your floors will be left with a streak-free shine that no ordinary house cleaning can produce. And don’t worry about any sticky leftover residue; our technicians will make sure there is no film left behind – only shiny, rejuvenated wood floors.
MiracleClean Carpet Care can clean your hardwood floor with a dust free process. This maintenance process is designed to help you avoid the dust storm that comes with sanding. This process will not restore areas that have been damaged from water or areas worn from loss of polyurethane or deep scratches. This product is specially formulated for heavy traffic on commercial and residential hardwood floors. It provides unmatched durability among such environmentally friendly floor finishes.
The MiracleClean Carpet Care’s 5-Step Re-Coating Process
We first determine if the floor contains any wax, oily residue, or other contaminants which may affect the adhesion of a new finish. We also find out if a re-coating system can restore floors, or if a more aggressive method is needed.
2. Area Preparation
We will prepare the areas surrounding the wood, making sure not to disturb any other connecting floor types. At this point all furniture that will be cleaned under is moved.
3. Dry Soil Removal
Our technicians thoroughly sweep and vacuum the entire area, maximizing the results we obtain. As in any cleaning process, dry soil removal is most important.
The cleaning process includes multiple applications of cleaning solutions with state-of-the-art equipment which PRODUCES NO DUST WHATSOEVER! Surface accumulations of common household pollutants such as food residues or pet oils are removed without abrading your floor to expose any bare wood.
Technicians will initiate a walk through and go over results before leaving.
How To Care For Your Wood Floors
The following cleaning and maintenance tips apply to wood floors sealed and finished with a clear protective coating such as polyurethane or factory pre-finished UV coatings.
General cleaning of wood floor is recommended once every 1-2 weeks. Floors subject to heavy traffic should be cleaned on a more frequent basis. For easy, safe maintenance of your wood floor, we recommend a Hardwood Floor Cleaning Kit. Most kits contain a specially designed mop, a 32 or 24oz Hardwood Floor Cleaning, and a washable terry cloth mop cover. This kit may be purchased from MiracleClean Carpet Care.
Follow these instructions:
1. Vacuum or sweep
Always vacuum or sweep to remove dirt and any grit prior to cleaning your wood floors.
Lightly mist a 6′ x 6′ area of your wood floor, or directly mist the mop’s terry cloth cover.
Using a back and forth motion, clean the floor surfaces with your mop or clean terry cloth. Finish an area before moving on to the next. The mop’s low profile and easy-to-maneuver swivel-head makes it a perfect cleaning tool for hard-to-reach areas such as under furniture and cabinets, around doors, or in tight corners. When your terry cloth cover becomes soiled, replace it with a clean one. Continued use of excessively soiled covers may cause streaking. Most of the terry cloths in today’s market are reusable. Simply wash and dry them as you would any towel. When a spill occurs, soak up the liquid promptly. Mist the affected area with Hardwood Floor Cleaner and wipe with a mop or a clean, soft cloth.
Keep your floor clean! Grit tracked in under your feet ruins the surface of wood floors, and any other flooring material, faster than anything else. No grit, no damage.
To help maintain your floor, do the following:
• Blot up spills immediately.
• Dust mop floors using an untreated mop and proper wood floor cleaner.
• Use door mats and walk-off mats whenever possible to keep dirt and grit off the floor.
Avoid the following with wood floors:
• DO NOT use powder cleaners or soft cream cleaners (Soft Scrub)
• DO NOT use mold removers (Tile X, X14, etc.) or disinfectants (Lysol).
• DO NOT use furniture polish (Pledge, Jubilee, Endust).
• DO NOT USE VINEGAR!